Semi–Boneless Leg of Lamb
All–Natural, Grass Fed
A wonderful alternative to traditional holiday meats, Leg of Lamb can be perfectly cooked with little fuss.
- 1 leg of lamb (about 5 lbs)
- 3 garlic cloves, slivered
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried rosemary or 1 ½ teaspoons somefresh sprigs rosemary
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper, ground coarse salt
- Remove lamb from refrigerator 1 hour before roasting
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6
- Make small slits just large enough for garlic slivers evenly in the leg of lamb, and insert the garlic slivers
- Rub all over with lemon juice, then pat the rosemary and black pepper evenly over the surface. Sprinkle with salt to taste. If you're using fresh rosemary, just insert the sprigs with the garlic slivers into the cuts you made
- Place lamb, fat side up on a rack in an uncovered pan
ROAST AS FOLLOWS
- Rare: 125°F (about 15 minutes per pound)
- Medium–Rare: 130°F to 135°F (about 20 minutes per pound)
- Medium: 135°F to 140°F (about 25 minutes per pound)
- Well–Done: 155°F to 165°F (about 30 minutes per pound)
When done, remove from oven, cover the roast in foil and allow it to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
Shop our weekly ad for more great savings!